Cineview Studios is owned and operated by Cineview Studios LTD.
Cineview Studios LTD is registered in England and Wales under Company number 10130926 and our registered office is at 108, Island Business Centre, 18-36 Wellington Street, London SE18 6PF.
The documents set out in this section govern your dealings with Cineview Studios. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights.
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING1) Double-check with Cineview Studios that the day and time you wish to book for the studio is available and advice us of your intended use of the Studio, e.g. “editorial photo-shoot” or “corporate video” or “portrait” which will become the “permitted purpose” of the Hire.2) To make a booking for Cineview Studios, a deposit of 50% of the total hiring fee is required to secure the time. This can be made by bank transfer or PayPal.
Bank Name: Barclays
Account Name: Cineview Studios LTD
Account Code: 83461548
Sort Code: 20-29-63
Please use form on the Cineview Studios website, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org using PayPal.A deposit is non-refundable if you wish to cancel.
On the day of your booking:
- Please do not arrive more than ten minutes before your booking time.
- At the start of your hire session, the attached T&Cs must be signed.
Whilst at the Studio:
- Please ensure that at the end of your studio time, that you are packed and ready to vacate the studio or additional hire time may be charged.
- The Studio should be left in a similarly clean and tidy state to when it was first entered. Hirers are expected to spend the last 15 minutes of the booking time to make sure this is done.
- Damaged/soiled background paper is chargeable at £15/m
- We have some expensive items of furniture and props at the Studio and care needs to be taken when using and handling any items. All chairs and sofas must be lifted, and never dragged if being moved.
- Cineview Studios is located at Island Business Centre which is a office/work space for offices and creative businesses and we request respect be shown to fellow residents. When at the site, please do not make excessive noise in or around the studio.
- At the end of the booking period, the Studio Management may inspect the Studio and the Hirer should be ready to vacate after this is done.
- Any rubbish produced during the hire of the Studio should be disposed of into the bins provided or removed from the premises by the Hirer.
- All breakages within the studio must paid for by the Hirer.
- In the event of a breakage or damage to items/equipment/anything within the studio, it is the right of the Studio to decide whether a repair/replacement is appropriate and to charge for the full cost or repair to the Hirer.
- The Studio does not accept any responsibility for property and equipment of the Hirer that is brought into the premises, and to vehicles parked outside.
- The Studio does not permit any controlled drugs, explosives, weapons or any illegal item to be brought onto or used on the premises.
- Children must only be brought in the Studio if they’re directly involved in the shoot, and pets must not be brought in the Studio without prior permission.
- For both the security of the Studio and warmth in the winter, please keep the outside door closed whilst at the studio.
- HEATERS MUST NOT BE PLUGGED INTO EXTENSION SOCKETS for safety reasons, heaters and any other devices such as irons that have a high electrical load must be plugged directly into wall sockets.
- There are areas of the Studio premises which are out of bounds to Hirers and any parties brought in to the premises without our express consent. These include: kitchen cupboards, any locked cupboard or wardrobe, office, and any door marked as “private”. Entry or attempted entry into these areas will be considered a breach of our
- The Hirer shall pay to Cineview Studios by way of rent for the hire of the Studio hire charges as previously agreed, or unless agreed in advance, in accordance to Cineview Studios’s current rate card, per the website. For the avoidance of doubt, the deposit is required to make a booking at Cineview Studios and to confirm the date/time/duration of the booking. Full payment is then due on the day of the hire, by the end of the hire period, taking into account any additional fees such as background paper usage, or charges which may have been incurred as a result of damage, loss etc.
- The Studio remains at all times the property of Cineview Studios and the Hirer shall have no right, title or interest therein save that of a hirer thereof under these Conditions. The Hirer shall not purport to sell or offer for sale, assign, mortgage, pledge, underlet, lend, part with possession, allow execution or distress to be levied against, or otherwise deal with the Studio or any part or parts thereof. The Hirer’s interest under these Conditions is personal to the Hirer and the Hirer shall not sell, assign, pledge or otherwise deal in that interest.
STUDIO TIME & ACCESS
- Hirers and persons to be present during the hire of the Studio are advised not to arrive more than ten minutes before the booking start time unless otherwise arranged and confirmed in advance with Cineview Studios. Early entry can never be guaranteed in light of natural disasters, acts of God, or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- Packing away and resetting the Studio to a similar state to when the hire commenced is the sole responsibility of the Hirer and 15 minutes at the end of the specified booking time must be allocated to this. If this is not taken into consideration by the Hirer, charges for loss of time for other clients, studio time, and overtime will fall due upon vacating the studio.
- Access to the Studio must be granted to an authorized agent of Cineview Studios at any time. No Keys will be given or distributed to Hirer.
- In cases where circumstances prevent Cineview Studios from providing timely access, Hirer will not hold Cineview Studios liable for disruption of hire time and/or schedule and lost time will be deducted off final payment or added to studio booking time.
OBLIGATION & RISK
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing between Cineview Studios and the Hirer it shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to remove any of the Hirer’s own equipment that the Hirer may have arranged to use at Cineview Studios during the hire period, immediately upon termination of the hire for whatever reason. If Cineview Studios agrees to remove the equipment on termination of the hire, the Hirer shall remain fully responsible for the safety and protection of the equipment until it has been returned to supplier. Cineview Studios does not accept responsibility for items, equipment or possessions brought into, or left behind at the Studio after a hire, whether by accident or agreement.
- The Hirer will not use or allow the Studio to be used on any abnormal or hazardous assignment, neither will the Hirer remove any part of the Studio or allow any part of the Studio to be removed from Cineview Studios’s premises.
- The Hirer shall use or cause to be used the Studio in a skillful and proper manner and shall ensure that it is so used by persons properly skilled and qualified to use the Equipment. The Hirer shall at its own expense keep the Studio in good and substantial repair and condition (save for fair wear and tear) and shall take all precautions necessary to ensure its safety and security. The Hirer will not open or allow to be opened any outer case (if any) of any part of the Studio equipment or interfere with or allow to be interfered with or remove, obscure, alter or allow to be removed, obscured or altered the equipment or the mechanism thereof or any nameplates or signs, labels or serial numbers or anything indicating ownership thereof, and will not expose or allow to be exposed the Studio to the elements (in particular saltwater and spray) and will keep the Studio protected in all respects.
- Any loss or damage to the Studio including loss or damage caused by non familiarization or misuse of the same is the sole responsibility of the Hirer, who will be responsible for the cost of repair or full replacement as necessary of the Studio. The Hirer must not repair or attempt to repair or request a third party to repair or attempt to repair the Studio but must forthwith upon the happening of any breakdown or damage to the Studio. Cineview Studios will thereupon arrange for the repair of the Studio, or (if Cineview Studios in its absolute discretion considers the Studio to be beyond repair) for its replacement. In either event the costs of the repair or replacement is the responsibility of the Hirer who will reimburse Cineview Studios the full cost thereof forthwith after notification to the Hirer of such costs.
- Cineview Studios endeavours to ensure the Studio is sound and in good order and condition at the commencement of the Agreement but it shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the Studio is fully suitable in all respects (including type and condition) for the purpose for which it is hired. Immediately upon starting the hire period the Studio shall be examined by the Hirer and checked before being taken into use and if found defective the Hirer must notify Cineview Studios immediately. For the avoidance of doubt, Cineview Studios will under no circumstances hold itself out as advising on the suitability of the Studio for the purposes required by the Hirer who should satisfy itself as to the suitability. In no circumstances will Cineview Studios be liable for any loss or damage of whatever kind howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use the Studio and any equipment. Cineview Studios endeavors to ensure that all equipment listed on the website is available and properly functional for the Hirer but does not guarantee availability or functionality on the day.
- Cineview Studios shall not in the absence of negligence be liable to the Hirer or any third party for any claim in respect of any loss or consequential loss whatsoever, howsoever caused whether arising directly or indirectly from the hire or use of the Studio by the Hirer. The client must ensure that his own public liability insurance is operative for all persons in the studio during the hours of use, to cover any accident, injury or death.
- The Hirer will indemnify Cineview Studios against all proceedings, claims, costs, charges, damages and demands which may be made against Cineview Studios in connection with the Studio or the use of it in the course of its Agreement.
- Cineview Studios reserves the right to subcontract all or any part of the Hirer’s order and to assign or otherwise deal in any way whatsoever with Cineview Studios interest in the Studio and in this Agreement.
- Any time or other indulgence given by Cineview Studios the Hirer shall not in any way affect the rights of Cineview Studios under this Agreement.
- Cineview Studios reserves the right to change these T&Cs at any point time between the Hirer booking and the Hire itself and it the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that they read and check these conditions carefully.
- The Hirer should make sure that if fuel or gas cylinders are to be taken into the Studio they are maintained, fitted, disconnected and handled by qualified personnel only and are properly stored.
- Horseplay and fooling around is not allowed within the Studio, whether it is by the Hirer or persons present during the hire, and at the discretion of Cineview Studios, such behavior may result in the hire of the Studio being terminated and the original full period of the Hire being charged. It is expected that all persons brought into the Studio will act professional and in a way which is appropriate for their safety and the safety and security of the Studio and its equipment and assets therein. The Hirer and persons brought by The Hirer in to the Studio must adhere to all Health and Safety regulations including but not restricted to matting and potential trip hazards.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that there is appropriate security at the Studio entranceway at all times when property/equipment/props are being moved to/from the Studio.
- Smoking is only permitted outside of the premises.
- Cineview Studios does not accept any responsibility for property and equipment of the Hirer that is brought in to the premises, and to vehicles parked outside.
- Cineview Studios does not permit any controlled drugs, explosives, weapons or any illegal item to be brought onto or used on the Premises.
- Cineview Studios reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time prior to the time of the booking.
- If the Hirer is not able to arrive within thirty minutes of the start of the booking time, it is expected that they make contact via the telephone (by speaking directly to an Agent of Cineview Studios) or using the email address on the website to notify the Studio of the delay and expected arrival time. If no contact is made, then at the discretion of the Studio, the hire may be cancelled and any fee paid to book the studio is forfeit should the Hirer not arrive within the first thirty minutes of the booking time.
- Cineview Studios reserves the right to use and record CCTV, or use any other security devices or surveillance methods within the premises for reasons including security of the Studio and equipment and safety. Any attempt to circumvent, obstruct or tamper with any of the Studio’s security systems will be considered a breach of these Terms and Conditions and the Studio has the right to terminate the booking. Any money paid will be non-refundable and any balance for the Hire of the Studio will still be due.
- There are areas of the Studio, which are out of bounds to Hirers and any parties brought in to the premises. These include: kitchen cupboards, any locked cupboard or other locked storage, office, and any door marked as “private”. Entry or attempted entry into these areas will be considered a breach of our Terms and Conditions and the Studio reserves the right to terminate the Hirer in such an event. Additionally, in such an eventuality, any money paid will be non-refundable and any balance for the Hire of the Studio will still be due.
This Agreement and these Conditions shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the parties hereto submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. I hereby acknowledge have reading and understanding the above Terms and Conditions, and “Important Notes”, and agree to them fully.